Suggested Art Books
- Understanding Art (with ArtExperience CD-ROM) (Understanding Art) by Lois Fichner-Rathus (CD-ROM by Ralph M. Larmann, William J. Vining, et al).
- ArtExperience: Fundamentals: Version 1.0 by Ralph M. Larmann & William J. Vining
- Artexperience Student CD 2e by Ralph M. Larmann, William J. Vining, et al.
- Launching the Imagination by Mary Stewart.
- Contemporary Color by Steven Bleicher
- Drawing from Observation by Brian Curtis
- The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards.
- The Artist's Handbook of Materials and Techniques: Fifth Edition, Revised and Updated (Artists' Handbook of Materials and Techniques), by Ralph Mayer.
- The Materials of the Artist and Their Use in Painting: With Notes on the Techniques of the Old Masters, Revised Edition by Max Doerner.
- Perspective Drawing, by Kenneth Auvil.
- Perspective Drawing and Applications (3rd Edition), O'Connor, Kier, and Burghy.
- Color Perception in Art, by Faber Birren.
- Billmeyer and Saltzman's Principles of Color Technology, 3rd Edition.
Books on Art History